A Lil’ Showboating…
Welcome aboard the Samudra Biru
“Samudra Biru” means “Blue Ocean” and is one of the nicest catamarans operating in the Mentawai Islands. With its hyperlight design and a draft of only 3 feet, this boat, powered by twin 350 hp diesel engines, is one of the fastest surf charter vessels plying these wave-rich waters. She has a top speed of 15 knots, with an average daytime cruising speed of 10-12 knots depending on conditions, and a nighttime cruising speed of 8-10 knots (for safety). Samudra Biru’s catamaran hull design provides stability at sea and eliminates rock and roll at anchor.
Samudra Biru’s speed provides its guests with a tactical advantage in being able to minimize travel time and maximize surfing time throughout the trip, enjoying surf at the lesser-known remote and isolated locations.
Samudra Biru has a range of 1000nm and does not require refueling in the course of a trip even with significant motoring around at its fastest speeds throughout the Mentawais chain. Samudra Biru is equipped with an array of safety and navigational equipment including GPS, radar, depth sounder and VHF radio. The “Biru” has a Satellite phone onboard and remains in constant communication with the Stateside partners for regular swell and wind updates provided by Surfline.com & Lola and Buoy Weather.com. Samudra Biru offers accommodations for up to ten surfers and is fully air-conditioned and carpeted throughout her interior. Her large size and comfort assures you of getting killer surf while traveling in style.
- Ten sleeping berths including two double cabins. All berths offer full seating headroom and windows to the outside.
- Main salon providing panoramic views with seating for everyone
- Entertainment center provides a big flatscreen TV for DVD movie viewing and slideshows of the day’s surfing.
- Stereo for CD music and iPod compatible
- Complete refrigeration and freezer system for fresh food and beverage service
- Shaded aft and forward decks.
- Rear deck includes; galley, and dining area, 2 bathrooms with fresh and salt showers and two fresh water showers on stern swim steps
- Two tenders! Including: a 18 ft. aluminum speedboat with 65 hp Yamaha outboard and a 12 ft. inflatable with 15 hp Yamaha outboard